HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
Step 1: Register your Participation!
- Go to www.readtogether.com.my to register your school’s participation before 30 September 2011.
- Scholastic will be sending a READ2011 School Kit which consists of bookmarks, posters, etc. to schools that register by the deadline.
Step 2: Publicize the event to your students!
- Distribute the materials in the School Kit to your students and hang up the posters around your school at least one week before 2 November to rally your students to read for the event.
- Remind the students to bring a storybook to read on the event day.
Step 3: Running the SHOW!
- On 2 November, teachers can organize a reading session in their classrooms for 2,011 seconds (33.5 minutes).
- School-going children of any age – from preschool to secondary school - can participate. Depending on your students’ reading ability, teachers can organize read-aloud or shared reading sessions or allow them to read materials of their choice independently.